WS# 5: Flavored Polvorons?!

postres-del-cielo-2

I love polvorons and someone I work with gifted me with a box of polvorons this week.  Not just regular polvorons, mind you… but cute, flavored ones!

postres-del-cielo-1

They came in a long strip of box and as you slide to open, it reveals the different shapes and colors looking so delicious you can’t wait to pop them into your mouth.  Each shape is assigned a flavor.

postres-del-cielo

The flavors, you ask? …are Lavender, Rose, Cranberry and Kiwi.  Weird?  Being the adventurer that I am, it whetted my imagination and I couldn’t wait to be acquainted with these babies.  So did it measure up to my expectation? …I liked the Cranberry the most and the Lavender the least.  The latter had too much lavender essence, leaving a bad bitter after taste.  The cranberry was decent, different to say the least although I find them all a tad too sweet and I’ll stick to the regular ones for now, thank you very much!  I however, give the creator a 10 for creativity.  I think that these little babies will stand a chance if they go easy on the essences, not to overpower but to merely add hints of the flavors.

Perhaps it’s just me… you may want to try them and judge for yourself.   😉

Postres del Cielo
www.postresdelcielo.multiply.com
635-4734 / 0918-8118115
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to WS# 5: Flavored Polvorons?!

1. maiylah says:

those look tasty! 🙂
    yummy shots, and love the framing.

2. romelettedj says:

that’s a creative way of putting some twist on the pulvoron. i do make those but only plain ones.

thanks for droppping by my WS @ blipbit.com

3. tigerfish says:

I won’t be able to tell what flavors are those…they should color-code it!

4. Dora says:

SO many flavours? I would love to explore the different tastes. 🙂

Happy WS and have a great week.

5. Oooo… I love polvorons! My Filipino friends gave me polvorons when I was in Manila and I fell in love with them. I didn’t know there are so many flavors.

6. I love polvoron. Those flavors are very interesting.

Maiylah, thanks! Although it’s not as yummy as it looks…. hee hee!

Tigerfish, the flavors are indicated somehere in the box.

Romelettedj, yes I thought they were sooo creative as well.

eastcoastlife… yes, you can’t leave Manila without ever trying our polvorons!

8. Aha Mama says:

Oooh, I love polvoron, too! I wonder where I could buy and try these?

My Weekend Snapshot is also up.

~Sheryl

Aha Mama, It’s Postress del Cielo, contact detail at the bottom of my post.

10. marites1034 says:

i love polvorons and i miss the ones we made at home. it’s been years since we’ve been some. my Ws is up too.