A Climax Unparalleled

Credits:  Template by Crystal Wilkerson.

Am so happy that we followed our instincts, we had decided to stay one night instead of the suggested day trip.  I figured that the dramatic rock formations would make for a dramatic sunset or sunrise.  And I was right!  I was hoping for a sunset because I could never get up early enough to catch a spectacular sunrise.  But am I glad I paid no heed to this early morning indolence of mine and decided to wake up at 4am ON. THE. DOT.  By 5am, we found our own spot, waiting for the sun to rise on one side and

bidding the moon so long on the other – coolness!!

And this, my dear readers, is my reward!  I must remember this scene whenever I need to rise at an ungodly hour.  I know!  Sleep still rules (most of the time).  Hee hee!   😛

With this grandeur comes a simple breakfast of pan de sal, peanut butter, hard-boiled eggs and instant coffee.

Well, one can’t have everything – the brewed cuppa joe can wait for now.

After that spectacular sunrise, we headed to Bel-at – which will turn out to become one of my favorite spot on earth.  And this is why…

We hired two fishing boats to weave us through the mangrove and then walked a portion of it when the water became too low for the banca – not an easy feat because the bottom is partially slippery bed of rocks (pleased that I chose to wear my aqua socks that day).

While in the mangroves, you couldn’t really tell what’s up ahead.

When I saw rock formations and some high crashing waves… my thought bubble goes, “nice, interesting… I wonder if this can top yesterday”.

I was excited nonetheless as it keeps getting better by the second.

Then we hiked up the porous rock (easy!) and this was what greeted us:

Meron pa (there’s more)”, says our guides cum boatmen.  So we followed them, waded through shallow waters, climbed some smooth rocks, then we waded some more.   Lo and behold…

As we got closer, I see a wall facing the ocean with crazy waves crashing into the rocks.

As I reached the bend, I was blown away!

It revealed a beautifully etched wall which lived through the fury of the sea.  Amazing how God works — in life, character comes when one endures life’s conflicts and challenges as with this piece of art, it transforms according to the conditions it endures through time. Stunning, spectacular, mind-blowing.  No words could describe this remarkable creation.  I am awed by His unfathomable wisdom and ways.

And that, my friends, is what I call a climax unparalleled.

Scenic Sunday

This entry was posted in Biri, Northern Samar, Philippines and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to A Climax Unparalleled

1. cat says:

Wow that is an amazing series of great shots. The sunrise is absolutely gorgeous.

2. My goodness Jenn, I thoroughly enjoy everything you post here. All the photos are divine, so divine. I could not grasp anymore words beyond spectacular sceneries you shared with us.

Thanks for your visit and for leaving me kind comment.

3. A Garden of Threads says:

OMG! Stunning pictures…awesome. Thanks for sharing them with us.

4. mary says:

Absolutely amazing!!! Thanks so much for taking us along on your wonderful trip! 🙂

5. eileeninmd says:

Beautiful scenic photos and a lovely mosaic!

6. eileeninmd says:

Beautiful scenic photos and a lovely mosaic!

7. Joyce says:

Wow! I am so glad you were up at 4 AM to take all these photos and to take me along with you on your adventure to such an amazing spot on our planet. So much fun to see other areas of the globe that I would never see if it was not for blogging.
    Joyce

8. Valerie says:

Wonderful adventure and stunning photos.

9. Traci Lord says:

Beautiful photographs!

10. Barb says:

What a wonderful amazing place this is. Thanks for the opportunity to see such stunning photos.

11. What a wonderful collection of photos. The ocean scenes are amazing and I like your collage very much. Thank you for visiting my blog and your kind comments, They are always appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Melbourne Daily Photo

12. Porch Days says:

Your pictures are fantastic! What an adventure you had. Just amazing!

13. baktin says:

I was browsing online articles on Northern Samar last month. And the secret islands of Biri, Capul and Dalupiri caught my fancy. Thank you for sharing your photos on this
    ‘relatively unexplored’ province. I could smell the ocean from these series. Who should I contact/where should I stay for a weekend adventure?

14. Happy Sole says:

Amazing photos! I can almost feel what you felt when you saw those majestic waves!