WS#11: Guapple Pie

Just got back from Easter (Holy Week, we call it) break that was brimming with adventure and new discoveries, from hiking to diving to feasting.

ws-11-guapple

But before I launch into the details, let me first share some Guapple Pie fresh from El Ideal Bakery.

ws11-guapple-slice

Made from guapples (a large guava variety), this piece of heaven is a great twist from the original (and very American) Apple Pie.  Tastes quite similar down to the cinnamon and the crumble, what makes the difference is the crunchy bite and the slight, distinct guava flavor that compliments rather than drowns in the cinnamon.

el-ideal

An institution and the pride of Silay, El Ideal is always a “must stop” when in Bacolod (or anywhere in Negros Occidental actually), more accessible these days with the Airport now just minutes away.  Certainly a great “pasalubong” (gift) from the city of Silay.

El Ideal
118 Rizal Street, Silay City,
Negros Occidental

This entry was posted in Negros, Philippines, Silay and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to WS#11: Guapple Pie

1. Admin says:

i would love na makatikim ng Guapple someday!
    Weekendsnapshot

2. Ebie says:

My office mate is from Silay and she prides with El Ideal Bakery. Whenever she goes for a visit, definitely may pasalubong for me! Your guapple pie is making me drool. Have a great week!

3. tigerfish says:

Guapple? Guava + apple?

4. Dora says:

Guapple Pie? That’s interesting! I have not heard of it and of course, have not tried before. Must be sweet and yummy!

5. sassy mom says:

That looks so yumm… I have to try that one of these days! Have a wonderful week ahead!

6. Arlene says:

Wow if am still in Bacolod right now would love to visit that shop to buy this appetizing pie. 🙂

Hmmm am drooling!

Hope you had blast vacation!

7. Lynn says:

Nice sharing. It promotes our local goodies. I’ll surely look for this when I’m in Bacolod.

8. marites says:

i’ve been hearing about this bakery and really, i’m getting so intrigued. The guapple pie pic you got here looks so yummy!!

9. romelettedj says:

the bakery sure seems homey. thanks for visiting my ws @ blipbit.com

milet

10. Titania says:

I love to bake, I have Guavas in my garden, so I could try this intriguing apple pie. Thank you for the idea; the recipe I make up myself!

11. Markee says:

Catch EL IDEAL Bakery’s booth at Powerplant Mall fountain area on November 9-15, 2009… Guapple pies will be shipped daily from Silay..